The Hospitals of Providence East Campus unveils expansion of services for fast-growing community
The Hospitals of Providence East Campus recently unveiled its service expansion project in East El Paso. The project significantly increases capacity in several areas of the hospital and includes:
- An additional 30 beds for Intensive Care Unit Step Down
- A third Catheterization Lab equipped with biplane technology
- An additional six beds to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Private area and triage rooms for Obstetrics Emergency Services
- An additional operating room within Women’s Services to expand obstetric care
This expansion of services will allow East Campus to improve care for stroke patients, strengthen care for women and children, expand surgical services and expand trauma services.
In addition, the hospital has already unveiled a new Progressive Care Unit, where they recently celebrated the expansion project with a ceremonious ribbon cutting.
“This is a really exciting time for our hospital, our community and the patients that we serve – this expansion not only provides additional bed capacity but also provides state-of-the-art technology,” said Tasha Hopper, Chief Executive Officer for The Hospitals of Providence East Campus. “Since we opened our East Campus in 2008, our hospital has more than doubled in size – as our community grows, we are committed to growing with it to ensure needed services are readily available to care for our neighbors, friends and families.”