Twelve Tenet hospitals were recently named recipients of Healthgrades 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™, a designation recognizing superior performance of hospitals that have prevented serious, potentially avoidable complications for patients. Hospitals achieving this distinction are considered among the top 10 percent of all short-term acute care hospitals reporting patient safety data for its excellent performance as evaluated by Healthgrades.
Hospitals on the list include:
- Delray Medical Center (Delray Beach, Florida)
- Florida Medical Center (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center (Fountain Valley, California)
- Hialeah Hospital (Hialeah, Florida)
- Hilton Head Hospital (Hilton Head, South Carolina)
- Los Alamitos Medical Center (Los Alamitos, California)
- North Shore Medical Center (Miami, Florida)
- Placentia-Linda Hospital (Placentia, California)
- Saint Francis Hospital – Bartlett (Bartlett, Tennessee)
- Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center (San Luis Obispo, California)
- Valley Baptist Medical Center – Harlingen (Harlingen, Texas)
- West Boca Medical Center (Boca Raton, Florida)
“All of our hospitals place a high priority on delivering safe, high-quality care to our patients. It is wonderful to see so many of our hospitals recognized for their efforts,” said Rusty McNew, vice president, quality and patient safety. “Congratulations on your achievements.”
Healthgrades also named Baptist Emergency Hospital in San Antonio and East Cooper Medical Center in South Carolina to its list of 2018 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ recipients. Hospitals on this list were evaluated using scoring methodology of 10 patient experience measures using data collected from a 32-question survey of the hospital’s own patients, and scored among the top 15 percent of all hospitals evaluated.