Only Tenet employees may receive assistance through The Care Fund, based on the below set criteria. To be eligible for assistance from the Care Fund, you must meet all the following requirements:
- You must be employed directly by a Tenet entity as a full-time or part-time employee at the time of the event causing the hardship, as well as when assistance is provided.
- You cannot have received financial assistance from The Care Fund within the previous 12 months.
- The event causing the hardship typically must have occurred within the previous 90 days.
Qualifying events or hardships include:
- Medical expenses related to critical illness or injury affecting employees and their immediate family;
- Disasters such as fire, flood, tornado or hurricane;
- Death or terminal illness in immediate family requiring long-distance travel (funding will only be provided once, for either travel to help care for a terminally ill family member or travel for a funeral);
- Other qualifying hardships or crisis situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Care Fund does not provide financial assistance for:
- General financial hardships that are not created by a disaster or an unexpected tragedy;
- Financial hardships that result from routine expenses (car repairs, home maintenance);
- Costs related to divorce or separation (including costs to child support or non-receipt of child support);
- Wages lost from hours being cut;
- Job loss of a family member;
- Struggle with paying medical deductible;
- Coverage of benefits premiums while on leave of absence.
- The Care Fund is not intended to serve as an insurance policy or to replace the need for fire, flood, home, health and/or life insurance.