Hospital/Facility: Tenet Healthcare
Location: Dallas, TX
The Director, Outpatient Surgery will be charged with improving the operations and customer experience of our hospital based outpatient surgical departments. He or she will have the ultimate goal of transforming our hospital based surgical department culture and business model to match that of an ASC. This person will be hands on and will work collaboratively with staff, surgeons and leadership to demonstrate, train and drive all process changes. The position requires travel approximately 80% of the time.
Qualified candidates are required to have an undergraduate degree with a Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration considered a definite plus.
The position requires a candidate with deep knowledge of both hospital surgical departments and ambulatory surgery centers. Hospital surgical department experience and a minimum of 5 years of progressive ASC management experience are required. The ideal candidate also has a clinical background.
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare organizations, as well as standards and laws applicable to managing business development and planning issues. The ability to work collaboratively with various corporate support departments.
- Proven financial management skills, including pro-forma modeling and ongoing profit and loss accountability.
- Should have a solid understanding of information technology as an enabler of business and hospital process improvement.
- Ability to identify appropriate opportunities and successfully initiate plans to accomplish them. Able to successfully get things done through both formal and informal channels.
- Self-starter who is able to manage his/her time and the time of others effectively, thereby maintaining a high level of productivity. Takes initiative and is accountable for results.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org