Hospital/Facility: West Boca Medical Center
Location: Boca Raton, FL
The Hospital Compliance Officer reports directly to a Regional Compliance Director. The Regional Compliance Director reports directly to Tenet’s Chief Compliance Officer who reports directly to the Quality, Compliance and Ethics Committee of the Tenet Healthcare Corporation Board of Directors. Reporting to the Hospital Compliance Officer may be other functions such as contract management or other support staff.
The Hospital Compliance Officer is responsible for managing the implementation of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance program in his or her assigned Hospital. The Hospital Compliance Officer also serves as the Privacy officer for his or her assigned facility(ies). The Hospital Compliance Officer's general duties and responsibilities encompass implementing Tenet's systems, processes and policies designed to ensure compliance with Federal healthcare program requirements at the hospital level. The Hospital Compliance Officer is also responsible for overseeing the implementation of Tenet's Compliance Charter in his or her facility(ies).
This position will be based in Boca Raton, Florida supporting West Boca Medical Center.
West Boca Medical Center is a 185-bed acute care hospital offering a comprehensive range of quality services, including general medical and surgical care, five-star-rated maternity services, cardiac and surgical intensive care, outpatient surgery services, 24-hour emergency care services for adults and children, diabetes education, a cystic fibrosis program for adults and children, outpatient rehabilitation services and a free standing full service imaging center. And, we are always growing to meet your needs.
Among the specific responsibilities and activities of the HCO are the following:
· Advise Hospital leadership on issues concerning compliance and ethics matters including recommending controls designed to ensure compliance.
· Work collaboratively with Hospital leadership in compliance and ethics program development and implementation.
· Establish effective working relationships and build credibility within the Hospital to support a culture of ethics and compliance.
· Interface directly with Hospital employees and serve as a sounding board for their concerns about ethics and compliance matters.
· Independently investigate or supervise the investigation of compliance and ethics concerns about the Hospital that are raised through Tenet's Ethics Action Line or other reporting mechanisms.
· Oversee the implementation of Tenet's education and training program that focuses on the requirements of Tenet's Compliance Charter and the Tenet's ethics and compliance program to ensure that all directors, employees, contractors and physicians within the Hospital are knowledgeable of Federal healthcare program requirements and the requirements of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance program as required to perform their respective roles.
· Ensure distribution of compliance and ethics policies and procedures and Tenet's Standards of Conduct.
· Coordinate with Tenet's Regional Counsel to facilitate communication between the Compliance and Ethics Department and Law Department on legal compliance matters.
· Identify Hospital risk areas and assist in developing auditing, monitoring and oversight processes related to identified risks.
· Oversee the implementation of corrective actions and monitoring in response to identified issues and audits.
· Develop monitoring systems and processes for compliance and ethics issues at the hospital level.
· Implement policies and procedures that encourage Hospital employees, leadership, contractors and physicians to report suspected fraud or other improprieties without the fear of retaliation.
· Chair the Hospital Compliance Committee, which oversees the implementation of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance program and its Compliance Charter in the Hospital.
· Prepare monthly compliance reports identifying compliance issues.
· Work collaboratively with Hospital and Corporate personnel to resolve all compliance issues identified.
· Periodically reports on ethics and compliance matters to the Hospital Governing Board.
· Implement Tenet's compliance work plan and initiatives and systems to prevent compliance issues from arising within the Hospital.
· Report to Hospital management on compliance matters on a routine basis.
· Act as a consultative resource on compliance and ethics matters.
Minimal travel requirements. It is expected that the Hospital Compliance Officer will be active in a healthcare compliance association.
A Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred. Strong preference for at least two years experience in healthcare compliance matters, preferably for a large, multi-faceted healthcare company.
· The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of Federal healthcare programs.
· Other success factors include past clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
· Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
· Strong organizational skills and an orientation to deadlines and detail.
· Ability to respond well under pressure.
· Skills in use of information systems, databases, Excel and Microsoft Word.
· Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive team, and is good at doing so.
· Well-developed communications and consensus building skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the status quo. A doer more than a talker. A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision. An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A highly principled and sincere individual. Sensitive to the proper concerns of the staff, but able to appropriately balance these concerns with the overall institutional goals. Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context. A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input. Accepts delegation and is able to make decisions. Coach, mentor, and supporter. Thorough and well-prepared. Sense of humor. Committed to the highest quality of patient care. Innovative and creative.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com