Hospital/Facility: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs, CA
The Chief Nursing Officer reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Desert Regional Medical Center.
As a leader in healthcare, Tenet is committed to providing the best possible care to every patient, with a clear focus on quality and service. Strong Leadership is essential to delivering on this commitment, and we believe that the quality of our leader can give us a significant long-term competitive advantage. We want to ensure every current and future leader in Tenet is successful, and we support that through our selection and hiring process and by providing coaching and training to our leaders.
· Collaborate with human resources and other team members to select, on-board, orient, and provide coaching for direct reports.
· Evaluate and monitor facility level people pillar statistics, participate on related calls as necessary.
· Consider and/or implement nurse residency programs to ensure pipeline for facility.
· Collaborate with team members to formulate programs to enhance work life balance.
· Partner with related team members to promote a safe work environment that is based on a zero tolerance for sexual harassment, workplace violence and verbal and physical abuse.
· Collaborate with related team members to promote an effective facility level competency program.
· Collaborate to promote a robust employee development and education program that responds to the unique needs of employees across the career continuum (novice to expert).
· Work cohesively with related team members to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies that ensure a qualified and stable workforce.
- Participate in workforce planning to ensure an adequate and competent workforce.
- Support the design of effective and competitive compensation and benefits programs.
- At least five years of progressive management experience in a facility environment as an Associate Chief Nursing Officer or Nursing Director of multiple, complex nursing departments.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability and facility operational expertise.
- Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
- Strong labor relations background.
- An individual able to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes, patient safety, and patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
- An individual with proven success recruiting, retaining and developing staff. Someone effective in mentoring and developing staff, encouraging professional growth and achievement.
- Takes the lead in complying with regulatory standards, rules and laws.
Please apply at email@example.com