- Market: Hilton Head
- Hospital/Facilities: Hilton Head Hospital and Coastal Carolina Hospital
- Location: Hilton Head and Hardeeville, SC
Responsible for all aspects of business development, including: growth of Inpatient and Outpatient market volume and market share; physician manpower development, recruitment & redirection; physician alignment platforms; clinical program/service line development; business planning and market –wide strategy development and implementation; decision support and analytics; marketing, public relations and communications. Responsibilities include:
Business Strategy/Business Planning - Leadership for the development and implementation of the market’s business strategy & market positioning to grow profitability and market share. Ongoing analysis of market dynamics and market share changes, product line performance and overall tracking/ accountability for annual business initiatives and competitive intelligence. Responsibilities include:
Translating data and analysis into realistic business strategy
Developing annual Business Plan and tracking monthly progress towards goal achievement
Completing monthly operating review (MOR) reports and related analysis
Physician Alignment - Leadership for assessing appropriate platforms to align physicians with the market hospitals. Specific responsibilities may include:
Recommending IT solutions including mobile applications to improve physician satisfaction and quality outcomes
Developing co-management agreements and benchmarks
Leads the market’s Medicare bundling Initiatives
Developing 1206 (d) clinics
Evaluating joint venture opportunities
Physician/Relationship Development – Responsibility for planning, organizing and directing activities aimed at improving relationships with local physicians and retaining and growing physician volume. Specific responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with CEO, monitoring inpatient and outpatient physician volume metrics on a monthly basis.
- Discussing volume variances with physicians
- Establishing annual physician recruitment priorities based on an annual Manpower Plan that addresses internal service line needs while based on an external community needs assessment
- Developing processes for successful physician recruitment, retention, and/or employment; Provides direction to the market’s physician recruiter. Provides leadership to successfully on-board new recruits.
- Submitting White Papers and developing LOIs for physician service agreements and practice acquisitions
- Providing leadership for structured physician relations program– develops strategic priorities and sales targeting plans using available data; hires, orients and trains staff; establishes individual PRM goals by understanding practice patterns, physician preferences, service needs and hospital’s quality metrics and competitive differentiation; monitors results; oversees performance metrics
- Identifying physician targets for redirection
- Providing leadership for cultivating and developing relationships with local employers as it pertains to business to business sales, health promotion and managed care contracts
- Providing leadership for cultivating and developing referral relationships with other facilities, including, but not limited to, nursing homes & other hospitals.
Program Development – Responsibility for identifying new business opportunities based on research and analysis. Specific responsibilities include concept development, analysis, and White Paper completion; preparing volume & financial projections; working with operations on program implementation. Also responsible for tracking & coordinating local and state regulation as it pertains to programs in CON states. Responsibilities include:
Marketing – Overall responsibility for developing & implementing annual marketing plan to promote hospital’s business initiatives to constituents. Specific responsibilities include:
- The CDO/DBD reports to the CEO, with a dotted line to the Regional Senior Director of Business Development. The CDO/DBD is a member of the hospital A-team.
- Reporting to the CDO/DBD are FTEs with responsibility for data analytics, business planning, physician relationship management, marketing, public and community relations, physician recruitment (direct reports vary by hospital and market.)
A Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related discipline is preferred; a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Ten years of health care experience in strategic planning, business development or related area. Investor- owned experience is a plus.
- Is proactive, responsive and accountable: possesses strong interpersonal and leadership skills, knows how to work collaboratively with others to get things done; can manipulate through complex situations. Is politically astute and a consensus builder; capable of working successfully in a matrix organization.
- Track record of being highly organized and able to balance multiple responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Perceived by constituents as a senior leader; has executive level professionalism and potential.
- Understands the health care industry, local market place dynamics and overall hospital strategy and operations; keen understanding of physician relationships and practice patterns (and managed care for CA facilities).
- Skilled at executing strategy and problem solving; asks the right questions, follows-up and determines strategy based on facts; knows how to use analytical tools. Proficiency in excel and data management tools.
- Stays current on latest trends in health care, including but not limited to physician relationship development, reimbursement, managed care and clinical program development.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to produce required reports and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org